Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Museum of the American Indian


I know it's new, and the architecture is beautiful; I just wasn't left satisfied by the Smithsonian's latest installment. There were bits and pieces of certain cultures and summary rooms, like the one that makes you feel guilty (rightfully) for being a white American. And I like the richness and vibrancy of the exhibits, but some are just sensory overload. Unfortunately for me, the heritages I'm really intersect in are of the peoples of the Delaware river and other North-eastern Indians. They were hardly represented. I want to see vintage lacrosse sticks! However, I did enjoy all the crow imagery.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone visits this museum I recommend trying the restaurant for the native food.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home